Mmmmm… Is there any food better than Mexican? I submit that there is not. Unfortunately, most Mexican dishes come loaded with calories. That’s why I’ve tweaked this enchilada recipe to make it both delicious and waistline-friendly.
I seriously make this recipe all the time. It takes about 45 minutes from top to bottom, and your guests will never know its so low-fat. I promise you, this will be a recipe you make again and again.
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 5 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 scallions diced
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 13×9 pan
- Combine your cream cheese, Greek yogurt, 1/2 the enchilada sauce, and 1/2 of each kind of cheese in a bowl
- In another bowl, combine the chicken, corn, spices, chiles, and half the scallions
- Add the chicken mixture to the cheese and sour cream mixture. Mix well.
- spread 1/2 the remaining enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan
- Fill each tortilla wrap with chicken mixture. Roll the tortilla and lay in your pan with the seam down.
- Top enchiladas with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Top with remaining scallions and serve.
These make the besssst lunch leftovers! The flavors just mix better and better over time. So make it tonight and go ahead and thank me now for your new favorite recipe. 😉 happy hump day friends!
Recipe adapted from The Spiffy Cookie