This salad has a long title, but it can be made in a breeze! We made this salad a few weeks back and it has become a hot item on our menu. In the Summer, I try not to use the oven (because who wants to sweat while they make dinner? NOT me.) so, this salad is perfect! Enjoy!
Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ sliced yellow bell pepper
- ½ sliced red bell pepper
- ½ an onion, sliced
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Sour cream (optional) to serve
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken breasts for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken breasts on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry pepper and onion strips until cooked to your liking.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, peppers, onion strips and chicken. Drizzle with remaining marinade/dressing and serve with (optional) extra cilantro leaves and sour cream.
Recipe adapted from: Cafe Delites