If you are like me, the mid-afternoon hunger strike is your biggest enemy. I can eat a healthy breakfast and lunch with no problem, but when mid-afternoon hits, all bets are off. If I do not snack on something with high protein, I will continue to snack all the way up until dinnertime. Which, as you can guess, is not a great diet plan. I have been searching and searching for the best healthy and filling high protein snack, and I think I finally found one! Plus, these delicious bites boots energy. A total win-win. These energy bites are simple to make and a great snack prep for your week!
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (raw)
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed meal (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 6 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated. Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until set (I actually cheated here and shaped mine before chilling with damp hands but I think chilling would make it easier to shape them).
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from: Cooking Classy